Re: unable to compil without restart cygwin many times

>> When a program hangs under cygwin, you may have to kill it (try both
>> kill and Task Manager).
>Ok, I can start a new shell, when  I look at processes, that is always
>sed that is defunct and I have to kill it's father process.
>
>I think that's a problem in sed ?

I'm having the same problem. I didn't have it with 1.1.5, but started getting it when I
upgraded to 1.1.7. I also tried 1.1.6 and the snapshot from 2001-Jan-10, and both also
have this problem.

sed does not appear to have been upgraded for these releases.

The problem is quite intermittent. Today, I went all day (7 hours) before it happened.

Dave