RE: "The PATH problem"

On 12 Jan 2001, an entity purporting to be Schaible, Joerg [Schaible, Joerg
<Joerg.Schaible@gft.com>] wrote [regarding RE: "The PATH problem"]

> Hi Soren,
>
> >Cygwin doesn't allow modification or unset on the PATH variable after
> >login, so it has to be set right from 'Doze before bash gets fired up, no?
>
> Who has told you that? This is simply not true, but it depends on the shell
> you're using.

I am *quite* sure I just read it in documentation, but I am sorry, I have
been multitasking at least a half-dozen projects for days now, and I do not
have a pointer to cite to the location of this statement.

I exhaustively tried to alter my PATH inside bash (using statements
identical to what you cited) before I found the documentary confirmation
that it doesn't work.

   "YMMV".

   regards,
     soren andersen