Re: new install of cygwin with pdksh doesn't work

  Earnie> --- "David M. Karr" <dkarr@tcsi.com> wrote:
  >>
  >> I don't understand the option of setting text mode mount points.  I
  >> have no idea what the ramifications of that would be.

  Earnie> Sigh.  How long have you been on this list?  I'll now suggest that you refer to
  Earnie> the documentation, FAQ and mail archives for which you can find URL pointers at
  Earnie> http://cygwin.com.

Ok, fine.  I apologize.  I have unpacked and printed the user's guide.
I'll read it.  I've already looked through the FAQ and found nothing
very useful.  I'll look through the mail archives later.

In the meantime, can someone verify whether rerunning setup and
setting the "DOS" text file type should resolve my problem?  When I
tried that, it appeared to have no effect.