Re: new install of cygwin with pdksh doesn't work

As Earnie suggested, comparing the outputs, with attention to the mount
point information will show that /cygdrive/? is mounted differently between
the two machines, popcorn (I'll guess is the working one) mount with the
flags as 0x0020 while nachos (I'll guess doesn't work) mounts with 0x0022.
I'll venture a guess that you're accessing the scripts from /cygdrive/?/...
right? (because the other mounts are the same for both.

a solution, as Christopher suggested, is to remove the ^M from the files.
the easiest way I know of to do this is to pipe the script through "tr -d '\r'"
so for example:

tr -d '\r' < /cygdrive/c/myscript > /tmp/myscript
mv -f /tmp/myscript /cygdrive/c/myscript

the other would be to mount the location of the script in an explictly
controlled mount point (text mode), or to change the default mount
mode.

now the forces of openness
     have a powerful and
     unexpected new ally