Re: Normal Cygwin Behavior?

Btw, I wanted to YA thank Chuck for clarifying things.

I've just gone back and reread the thread and I've come to the
conclusion that I was overly strong in my condemnation of this being
"off-topic".

The conclusion that this was caused by the use of chmod/ntsec and,
consequently, was a Windows NT security problem, did move this into
off-topic realms.  But, there is no reason why this should have been
understandable to the original poster until it was clarified.

However, it seems obvious to me now that, if a java program is having
problems with Windows NT security, the correct course of action is to
contact whomever provided you with the java implementation.

So, I was wrong in choosing such strong adjectives in pronouncing this
discussion off-topic although I think it is still clear that this is
not a cygwin problem.

However, if people want to discuss how cygwin handles things like 'chmod
0' and attempt to resolve how a native windows app deals with this here,
feel free.  I'll just shut up now.

cgf