RE: glib-1.2.8?

gmodule works for me.

ugh. with spelling errors and all from the cvs source :)

um. i did have to patch gmodule-dl.c and testgmodule.c

um. and gdate.c and gmarkup.c and gstrfuncs.c

and I did have to make tons of changes to the automake/libtool files to
get the dll to build correctly.

I haven't automated it just yet, but if you want the source patches...

WARNING. please EXAMINE this patch and run it bit by bit. Because

1) this is a patch against CVS source, and
2) though it passes all of the glib tests (both in gmodule and in tests,
once you fix the markup test), i'm not positive it works everywhere.
3) this is a patch against the CVS source. yea, it's important enough to
repeat.

cheers!

edward

$ cd /usr/gnome/src/gnome/glib/gmodule
$ cygcheck testgmodule.exe
Found: .\testgmodule.exe
.\testgmodule.exe
  E:\WINNT\System32\KERNEL32.dll
    E:\WINNT\System32\NTDLL.DLL
  .\libgmodule-1.3.dll
    E:\private\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll

Use -h to see help about each section

$ ./testgmodule
testgmodule (/usr/gnome/src/gnome/glib/gmodule):
get main module handle
check that not yet bound symbols in shared libraries of main module are
retrievable:
retrive symbol `g_module_close' from "main":
retrived symbol `g_module_close' as 0x67841a24
load plugin from
"/usr/gnome/src/gnome/glib/gmodule/.libs/libgplugin_a.dll"
load plugin from
"/usr/gnome/src/gnome/glib/gmodule/.libs/libgplugin_b.dll"
GPluginB: check-init
retrive symbol `gplugin_a_func' from "libgplugin_a.dll"
retrive symbol `gplugin_b_func' from "libgplugin_b.dll"
call plugin function(0x672c1018) A: GPluginA: Hello world
call plugin function(0x6f8c1080) B: GPluginB: Hello world
retrive symbol `g_clash_func' from "main"
retrive symbol `g_clash_func' from "libgplugin_a.dll"
retrive symbol `g_clash_func' from "libgplugin_b.dll"
call plugin function(0x672c1088) self: GPluginA: Hello global clash
call plugin function(0x672c1088) A: GPluginA: Hello global clash
call plugin function(0x6f8c10f0) B: GPluginB: Hello global clash
retrive symbol `gplugin_clash_func' from "main"
retrived function `gplugin_clash_func' from self: 0x672c1050
retrive symbol `gplugin_clash_func' from "libgplugin_a.dll"
retrive symbol `gplugin_clash_func' from "libgplugin_b.dll"
call plugin function(0x672c1050) A: GPluginA: Hello plugin clash
call plugin function(0x6f8c10b8) B: GPluginB: Hello plugin clash
retrive symbol `gplugin_a_module_func' from "libgplugin_a.dll"
call plugin A's module function(0x672c1164):
{
GPluginA: retrive symbol `gplugin_say_boo_func' from "libgplugin_b.dll"
GPluginA: call that function(0x6f8c111c): GPluginB: BOOH!
}
unload plugin A:
unload plugin B: