Re: PLEASE use mirrors

On Friday 17 Nov 00, Corinna Vinschen writes:
> What's the problem here at all? Most of the existing mirrors are
> mirroring the snapshots as well. Of course, they mirror the ftp
> snapshots but why should it be necessary to mirror http? Wouldn't
> it be easier to drop the http snapshot page in favor of ftp and
> cvs?

I wrote about this a few weeks(?) ago on the developers list, and
Chris (rightfully) pointed out that we can't rely on mirrors for
snapshots, because of the propogation delay.  (I had asked for a link
to mirrors.html from the snapshots page, just to make navigation to
mirrors easier, since I could never get into sourceware via ftp.)

If http traffic is not capped like ftp, then http access to the
snapshots ought to solve the problem.

Cheers,
David