RE: Erreur with ASPI driver (cdrecord)

On Tuesday 7 Nov 00, Schaible, Joerg writes:
> Hi Philippe,
>
> > when i try to use CDRECORD on WINNT 4 SP5 in a command shell,
> [...]
> > Microsoft(R) Windows NT(TM)
> > (C) Copyright 1985-1996 Microsoft Corp.
> >
> > C:\>cdrecord -scanbus
> [...]
>
> your input indicates that your question has nothing to do related to Cygwin.
> May be you try a newsgroup in the microsoft.windows.* structure to ask your
> question.
>
> Greetings,
> Jörg

I'm not sure that's a fair response.  I thought cdrecord was a unix
program, so presumably this is a cygwin port of cdrecord, so having
problems with it are not necessarily off-topic.  But without more
details from Philippe (or from Jörg, if he knows something about this),
we don't know for sure.

It may be that you just have to locate and install ASPI drivers.
Detailed instructions for that *would* be off-topic for this list, but
*knowing* that the ASPI drivers are the only missing bit (if they are)
would be useful.

Personally, I think it would be pretty cool to have cdrecord work well
under Cygwin!

Cheers,
David