RE: bison having ^M problems?

> From: Earnie Boyd [mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com]
>
> Yes that means binary mode.  However, if you look at the
> output of cygcheck -s
> -r -v carefully you may see two records.  One in HKLM and one
> in HKCU with
> different flag values.  HKCU takes precedence over HKLM.
> HKLM keys are used to
> allow for multi-user workstations where more than one user
> uses it.  Any
> changes a particular user makes to the mount tables should go
> to the HKCU.
> This allow HKLM to be the default for a new user.

    I'll check this out and set it straight - thanks for the
explanation.

> selected for other
> > > >

> >     I vote for FAQ, whether or not setup gets changed, and
> I'm not sure
> > that it should be changed.  Consider someone who likes the
/cygdrive
> > naming scheme, uses binary mode for almost everything, and only
uses
> > mount to mount drives in text mode.  If setup were to interpret the
> > mode flags, it would interpret incorrectly for such a user,
> who would
> > have to reset the mount structure after every upgrade.
> Also, you might
> > want to include the info on how to interpret the cygdrive
> flags in the
> > FAQ.
> >

> If setup had set /cygdrive to binary mode if UNIX files are
> chosen then you
> wouldn't have had this problem and this thread wouldn't
> exist.  Besides setup
> doesn't change what is already existing.  If it does it is a bug.

    For the record, setup didn't get me into this pickle, if I
understand correctly.  The problem is there because I installed 1.1.4
over 1.0 (yes, I'm proud to have purchased!), and the defaults for the
two were different.

> As for an entry in the FAQ, IIRC there is already discussion
> of the /cygdrive
> pseudo mount.

    I'll look again.

/|/|ike