RE: So, has anyone *tried* the new gcc test release?

Christopher Faylor writes:

>There was a lot of discussion about the problems with gcc
>where something like:
>
>#define foo bar \^M
>baz
>
>caused problems.
>
>So, I asked DJ to fix this and made a new release.

Thanks !

>Where are all of the "Yay! It fixes everything!" or "This doesn't work
>for me!" comments?
>
>Has anyone tried this?

I have been using this and I can say

This does not appear to break anything
and seems to work just fine. :-)

However I haven't gone back and reinstalled all of the problem
packages that I had manually fixed inorder to rigorously test this.

I have tried a few test cases and they worked fine where
the earlier release doesn't.

However due to my limited testing I am hesitant to proclaim
Yay, This fixes everything :-))

But I can say
Yay -- This is a GREAT Improvement !!.

Cheers