Re: rxvt SEGV (Win98, 1.1.5s/2000-10-08)

>  Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 07:16:28 -0700 (PDT)
>  From: Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>
>
>  Well, snapshots are never tested.  You just tested three and found
>  them to be buggy.  Try the most recent ones.  As for replacing the
>  Cygwin libraries, it appears from your verbage that you don't need
>  to.  I have on my webpage an explanation of Update Cygwin and a
>  section of that covers snapshots, you may wish to read it.

The reason I posted in this thread is because someone else posted a
bug which a Cygwin developer claimed was fixed in the 20001012
snapshot.  I have encountered the same bug, so I attempted to drop the
snapshot in place to fix it.  That did not work; in fact, it made the
problem worse.  So I asked what I could do to help debug the problem.

I did try the most recent snapshots.  Did you read my initial message?

I am aware that snapshots were untested.  I was trying to (a) be
helpful by pointing out that the snapshots which supposedly fixed a
bug in fact appear to have made the bug worse, at least on NT 4.0 MP
systems, and (b) find out what I could do to help debug the problem
and get it fixed, since it is affecting us and I'd like to see it
fixed.

I know how to update Cygwin and how to drop in new snapshots.

Now, I'll say again: The most recent snapshots do not fix the
"handle_exceptions" problems which were reported at the beginning of
this thread.  In fact, they appear to make the probem worse, at least
on NT 4.0 MP systems.  What can I do to help get this fixed?

  jik