Re: cooperation of cygwin and NuTCracker ??

Hi,

>> --- Frank Moehle <Frank.Moehle@Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE> wrote:
>> Using "objdump -p" on the external DLL, i get a huge number of lines,
>> starting with the one quoted below (second dump).
>> What i understand is that the DLL needs a lot of "standard"
>> function like printf, malloc, etc from another DLL called "nutlibc4.dll".
>> Does this interfere with the function from cygwin1.dll, which our program is
>> compiled against ??
>>
>> btw, we are using cygwin 1.1.4
>>

> Earnie Boyd wrote:
>It ain't likely to work.  Mixing two C runtimes is bad news.  Can you use
>anaport without the nut*.dll?  It looks as if the functions needed C functions
>may be supported by Cygwin.

Well, that's really bad news.
I don't think i can use anaport.dll without the nut* stuff,
at least i do not know how to tell NT to skip the reference
to the nutlibc4.dll and use cygwin1.dll instead.

Is there a chance to get our program to worl with that DLL
when i use the -mno-cygwin option (giving up posix support,
but i still have a gcc and all the unix tools to build the program with),
or would it be better to take the whole pain an use MSVC ??

cheers,

	Frank.

         Frank Moehle                              | Understanding is a
Work   : Uni Oldenburg,Computer Architecture Group | three-edged sword.
Inhouse: frankm@haydn                              | (Vorlon saying)
DOMAIN : Frank.Moehle@Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE  +-------------------