RE: gcc problem?

Isn't the preprocessor supposed to take care of this? I remember
reading that the first phase of preprocessing is to map from
the arbitrary platform character set to the standard source
character set (this includes mapping the platform's end-of-line
character(s) to LF if necessary).

On the other hand, it's a question of "what is the platform's
end-of-line character sequence" and since the platform is
Cygwin (as opposed to Win32) then the end-of-line sequence
is just LF, right?

So...never mind (maybe). :)