OpenGL: it's a deal...

>My basic concern was that there was a flurry of people reporting problems
>and you were not responding to them.  I already have a few crucial packages
>where the maintainer is MIA (bash, gcc, binutils) and I don't want to add
>to the list.
>
>If you can guarantee that you'll be around for a while and are willing to
>answer questions, I'll put the package back.  Otherwise, I'd prefer to leave
>this out of the cygwin release.
>
>cgf

I have responded to questions about OpenGL I have seen on the list, plus a
couple more that were addressed directly to DJ and forwarded to me. I am
willing to continue to do so. The fact that the new OpenGL package I
prepared with bug fixes was no longer supported by setup because of version
number confusion didn't help.

I will be involved in OpenGL programming for a while, Cygwin is my favorite
environment, and I have no problem being the maintainer for the package.
So, for me, it's a deal... :-)

André Bleau, ing., analyste
bleau@courriel.polymtl.ca

Département de génie électrique et         Electric Engineering and
de génie informatique                      Computer Engineering department
École Polytechnique de Montréal            Montreal Polytechnic School