Win2k and cygwin B20

Hi all,

I installed the b20 version from sources.redhat.com/cygwin/setup.exe,
on windows 2000 professional,
and ever since then my NT DDK and SDK builds have been failing. The
nmake.exe (VC 6.0 Sp4) fails with U1045 failed to spawn. And the DDK
build.exe utility fails to run nmake.exe. It looks as though it is a process
creation
problem with nmake.exe and command windows.
I have uninstalled the SDK and DDK and reinstalled both. All of which
made no difference, I also have removed the cygwin (as much as I can find).
All to no avail.

Does anyone else get this behavior, or have seen the same problem? Is there
any setting the cygwin install modifies wrt the OS or command window
environments?

Can you please direct any questions to myself and the mailing list as I am not
an active subscriber.

Thanks for any help
Steve