Re: Cygwin .tar.gz files and anti-virus software

It might be worth noting in the FAQ entry on antivirus checkers
that McAfee (at least) has a list of files and dirs to be excluded
from scanning.  Putting the Cygwin root dir in this list helps a
lot.  Of course, the user must then take responsibility for checking
files before putting them in the Cygwin work area(s).

Regards,
Doug Wyatt