Occasional Control-P problem in bash on win98

Occasionally when typing control-P in a bash window on Windows 98 it
isn't handled by cygwin, but goes through to Windows (command.com?)
which proceeds to (try to) print the window contents. (If this happens
in the middle of the night it makes me jump half a metre in the air
when the printer starts to make noises. On my laptop, the shell window
usually hangs, and has to be killed with CtrlAltDel.)

Any way to avoid this? Can I somehow tell Windows to ignore Control-P
in the console window? Or redirect PRN: to NUL:?

--tml