Somewhat OT: (was Re: need help with cygwin)

On 19 Jul 00, at 11:55, the Illustrious jcat@smoke.dope.org wrote:

>  I am running cygwin currently on my windows machine and I tried
> compile
> BitchX irc client and need to know where to get the include
> files. below is a log of what happened:

	There is a free script based IRC client available for Windows
machines called ViRc...you can find it via google.com or go
directly to http://www.visualirc.com.
	Also, BitchX includes precompiled binaries at their website for
most of the popular platforms, including the Microsoft
platforms.
	If you're committed to porting BitchX, then it is highly
recommended that you download the latest version of Cygwin and
start there...let me warn you though...porting is _not_ a
trivial task...

	Paul G.

Nothing real can be threatened.
    Nothing unreal exists.