setup error: (parse error)

I have downloaded the latest setup program, and run it under winnt 4.0 with
sp6

After choosing the installation method and the ftp site, I always receive a
"parse error" message and the program exits.

This happens with many ftp sites and with all the installation methods
available.

I have not found in the mailing list archive a possible solution.

Best regards
Mauro