inetd trouble under NT

Hello,

I'm running Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 5 and have an issue regarding
inetd. I've installed inetd as a service and set the PATH and CYGWIN
system environment variables. After a reboot the service starts up
automatically but I'm unable to connect to any ports. I've commented out
all but ftpd and a port for a package I recently developed (I use ftpd as
a sanity check in case my package is to blame). If I stop the service,
--remove-as-service, --install-as-service, and start it again all is well.
This is a consistent and repeatable problem.

I've searched through the various cygwin mailing lists and have tried
several suggestions found therein with no success. Specifically I've tried
setting a DependOnGroup with and without a DependOnService registry key
with various values, thinking it could be a dependency problem. No dice.
I've verified that the service is running as LocalSystem, but for the sake
of it I've modified the Administrators user rights per the
/usr/doc/cygWin/inetutils-1.3.2.README file. Still no luck, I'm hoping
someone has run into this before and has some insight to offer. Thanks.

---
Paul D. Varcholik
IT Manager
DURO Communications, Inc.