File Synchronization

Hi,

What type of file caching does Cygwin use and can it be disabled?

Here's my problem:
I mount a mapped drive from a local Linux machine. If I first run a script residing on this mount in Cygwin, then edit it on the linux machine, cygwin won't see any changes to that file unless I access it (touch or edit) first.  Executing the script again will yeild old results.

For example:
- A script on the mounted drive has one line: echo "Old"
- I run it in Cygwin and see "Old" echoed
- I edit it on the Linux system to be: echo "New"
- I run it in Cygwin and see "Old" echoed
- I touch the file in Cygwin and run it again and see "New" echoed

Sorry if this has been covered, but I found no info in the docs or archves.

Brian (Cygwin newbie)