Possible tar problem in 1.1.1

I have now the definitive proof that there is some problem
with 'tar' in 1.1.1, at least when running on a Win2k machine
and withing the NTFS system.

First, I extracted the X11R6.4 binaries using 'tar', and I had
a problem running some binaries, e.g. xterm, with windows popping
out a strange error message about failed initialization.

Second, I extracted the same distribution using a windows extraction
utility. This time, it worked !

Note that the file system is mounted in binary mode ...

- Andrea Malagoli
  UofC