Licensing and Cygwin vs. Mingw

Greetings !

I am quite new to the Cygwin world, so please bear with me (and tell
me) if this is a FAQ or otherwise inappropriate here ...
I know Mumit Khan's "No-Cygwin-Howto", but would rather check:

My company is doing SW development for both (several) Unix and Win
platforms, and I try to re-unite the tool chains used. This implies
to have a Unix-like tool chain on WinNT, generating SW for WinNT
as well as Win95/98.
I would prefer using a gcc/egcs compiler on Win (like on Linux) over
using the M$ stuff, and Cygwin seems to be the way to do that.

Am I right in understanding that the '-mno-cygwin' compiler option
will cause it to generate object files which only need the MS-supplied
libraries, so that giving the final program to customers would not
violate any license conditions ?

If yes:
Is there any list of library functions or system calls (typically
available in Unix) which the '-mno-cygwin' does _not_ provide ?
(There is no GUI-, IPC- or other "sophisticated" code involved,
as we already have Win-specific variants of this.)
My main concern here is 'fork', 'exec', and 'wait' - would I have
to replace these by Win32 API calls ? What about 'malloc' ?

Thank you for hints,
Joerg Bruehe

--
Joerg Bruehe, SQL Datenbanksysteme GmbH, Berlin, Germany
     (speaking only for himself)