New version of jikes java compiler works with cygwin.

Hi all.

I thought that cygwin users might like to know that there is
a new version of the jikes java compiler that works with cygwin.

http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/jikes/project/index.htm

If you have ever developed Java code you know the pain of
waiting for javac to finish compiling after every little change.
Jikes is way faster. Jikes can compile my 300 file Java project
in 3 seconds. If you want to try out the "cygwin enabled" version
of jikes you need to grab the most recent version out of the CVS.

setenv CVSROOT :pserver:anoncvs@CVS.Sourcery.Org:/cvs/jikes
cvs login
paswsd anoncvs

cvs checkout jikes
cd jikes
./configure

That is all there is too it. I have tested it a bit with the
new net release and it seems to compile and run just fine.
You can cross compile jikes for cygwin on a Linux box too.

cheers
Mo Dejong
Red Hat Inc.