Re: [ANN] PW32 the (alternative) Posix-over-Win32 layer 0.3.0 released

On Tue, Mar 14, 2000 at 12:28:00AM +0200, Michael Hirmke wrote:
>Chris Faylor [cgf@cygnus.com] wrote:
>[...]
>>>
>>>As long as an announcement is the only traffic generated by such an
>>>alternative to Cygwin I'd be interested to read it in here.
>>
>>There is no way to guarantee that.
>
>There is no way to guarantee anything regarding mail or news.
>But the original poster could point to an appropriate location for
>discussion - as Paul did. If anyone does not follow these instructions
>you always can "kill" this guy.

My point is that you either disallow discussion or you allow it.
Saying "It's ok to post but nobody follow up!" is fairly unusual
for a mailing list.

It's usually "This is off-topic" please don't do that again.

The first way you get to (potentially) correct one person.  The second
way you get to correct many people.

cgf