Query: Optimization

I've read over the documentation for Cygwin B20.1 and have not found
anything talking about if gcc can be optimized for the Pentium
compiler.  I see many things talking about API's and how you can port
Unix tools over to NT, but nothing about optimization.  Could someone
please tell me if you can optimize for 386/Pentium/etc. PC hardware?

--
Thanks,
Tammie N. Philpott