re: sh permission problem under win98

Solved - there existed a directory named "mkdir" in a directory
 on my path.  sh.exe tried to pick that up and execute it - bash.exe
 doesn't do that.

 The cygwin bin dir had the "mkdir" directory in it, but I don't
 know if that's the way it came from the distribution or not.
 If yes - that would be a problem for others.