Re: DLL that does not use cygwin ?

Here is a Makefile that I got from one of Mummit Khan's help files:

#
# Makefile for Cygwin in -mno-cygwin mode. This builds a DLL that is
# independent of Cygwin DLL and only depends on MS CRTDLL runtime.
#
# If you want to use Mingw32 gcc, then use the makeit.bat file instead.
#
CC = gcc

# The root directory for mingw-extra package. You can get this package
# from the same place where you downloaded egcs-1.1.2-cygb20 from.
# You should also read the -mno-cygwin howto available from:
#  http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/
#
MINGW_EXTRA_ROOT = /usr/local/mingw-extra
MINGW_INCLUDES = -I$(MINGW_EXTRA_ROOT)/include
MINGW_LIBDIRS = -I$(MINGW_EXTRA_ROOT)/lib

DEBUG = -g -O2
# The -mrtd flag tells the compiler to use the PASCAL or "stdcall" calling
# convention required by VBA/Excel/etc.
CFLAGS = -mrtd $(DEBUG)
CPPFLAGS = $(MINGW_INCLUDES)

AS = as
DLLTOOL = dlltool
DLLWRAP = dllwrap

#
# Various targets to build.
#
DLL_NAME = test.dll
DLL_EXP_DEF = test.def

all: $(DLL_NAME)

#
# sources, objects, etc.
#
SRCS  = $(wildcard *.c)
OBJS := $(OBJS:.c=.o)

#
# DLL related variables. These are used when building the DLL. See later.
#

# any special flags that you need to pass to the F77 compiler when building
# the DLL. (lots of software need _DLL defined).
DLL_CFLAGS = -DBUILDING_DLL=1
# This is where you pass linker flags, such as library search path, alternate
# entry point, etc. The -s flag strips the final DLL.
DLL_LDFLAGS = $(MINGW_LIBDIRS) -s -W1,-e,_cygwin_nocygwin_init@12
# any extra libraries that your DLL may depend on.
DLL_LDLIBS =

#
# your sources etc that go into the DLL.
#
DLL_SRCS = test.c
DLL_OBJS = test.o

###
#
# Making DLL
#
###

#
# Note that we let dllwrap create both the DEF and IMPORT library in
# one shot. No need to run dlltool anymore.
#
DLLWRAP_FLAGS = --export-all --output-def $(DLL_EXP_DEF) \
 --target=i386-mingw32 -mno-cygwin \
 --driver-name $(CC)

$(DLL_NAME) $(DLL_EXP_DEF): $(DLL_OBJS)
 $(DLLWRAP) $(DLLWRAP_FLAGS) -o $(DLL_NAME) \
     $(DLL_OBJS) $(DLL_LDFLAGS) $(DLL_LDLIBS)

#
# dependencies.
#

#fdll.o: fdll.c

test.o: test.c

#
# default rules for building DLL objects. Note that client programs (ie.,
# the ones that *use* the DLL) have to be compiled without the DLL_CFLAGS
# flags.
#
.c.o:
 $(CC) -c $(CPPFLAGS) $(DLL_CFLAGS) $(CFLAGS) -o $@ $<

clean:
 -rm -f $(OBJS) $(DLL_OBJS) $(DLL_NAME) $(DLL_EXP_DEF)

This should allow you to build a dll that is not dependent on cygwin1.dll.

Eric