Re: CD v1.0 : 2 probs, bash readline and info

Doug Wyatt wrote:
> A.  "info info" and "info diff" don't work, both yield a directory page
>      which doesn't contain entries for these docs.  The long forms
>      "info -f /usr/info/info" and "info -f /usr/info/diff" do work properly.
>      "export INFOPATH="/usr/info:/contrib/info" doesn't help.

It is not so long ago that I compiled and installed the info package.
You should install the info files into the directory with install-info.
(I'm under Linux now:
# apropos info
info (1)             - GNU's hypertext system
install-info (8)     - create or update entry in Info directory
# )

Hope this helps

Stefan Petrucha, freelance
--