{ANN] perl-5.005_61

A cygwin port of perl-5.005_61 is now available at
http://cygutils.netpedia.net/. At that site, you'll find a binary
distribution, a patched source distribution, and the patch itself.
(You'll have to follow the link to cpan to get the original source).

Credits:
   Many thanks to Eric Fifer and Rick Flynn
   5.005_61 cygwin distro includes a few post-61 perlcc
   related patches from
	Lucian Cionca and Vishal B.
	these were posted to perl5-porters and I scarfed
        them from there.
   Other fixes from Lucian Cionca

WARNING!!!

This binary distribution, and the downloadable module scheme (see
below), has not been tested by anyone other than me, on any machine
other than my own. Please let me know if it works for you, and if you
have problems with it, let me know that, too.

A few notes:

Since the perl porters have merged most of the cygwin patches into the
main tree, perl5.005_61-cygwinb20.patch is fairly small.

The binary distribution is dynamically linked, but the standard modules
(those that are contained within the perl source tarball) are linked
statically.

There is some nifty donated perl-related stuff at the site. Click on
"perl" and then "misc", and you'll see links and info about:
    Using ActiveState Perl with cygwin (Geoff Hart)
    rpm2cpio (Suhaib Siddiqi)
    makerpm.pl (original JWEID, hacked by me)

This binary distribution marks the debut of downloadable precompiled
modules for cygwin-perl. Using the cygwin port of rpm (also available at
the cygutils site), you can download .rpm's of various perl modules and
unpack them on top of your existing perl-5.005_61 installation. This
assumes, of course, that you (a) are using the cygutils binary
distribution of perl-5.005_61, or (b) compiled perl-5.005_61 yourself
using the cygutils source distribution and installed it in the same path
structure that the binary distro uses, or (c) compiled perl-5.005_61
yourself using the original sourcecode + the cygutils patch, and
installed it in the same path structure that the binary distro uses.

This path structure (/usr/local/bin, /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.00561/,
/usr/local/lib/site_perl/5.00561, /usr/local/man) is the default -- if
you used the cygutils source or patch.

The modules presently available on the cygutils site are:

perl-String-CRC-1.0-1-cygwinb20.i386.rpm

perl-Data-ShowTable-3.3-1-cygwinb20.i386.rpm
+ perl-DBI-1.13-1-cygwinb20.i386.rpm
+ + perl-Msql-Mysql-modules-1.2206-1-cygwinb20.i386.rpm

perl-DelimMatch-1.04-1-cygwinb20.i386.rpm
+ perl-XML-Parser-2.26-1-cygwinb20.i386.rpm
+ + perl-XML-DOM-1.24-1-cygwinb20.i386.rpm

The +'s are my attempt to show dependencies, since I don't know
"RPM-ish" well enough to encode dependencies in the specs files.

I built the modules using a hacked up version of makerpm.pl, which is
available at the cygutils site with the click-path "perl"->"misc".