dll, lib and lib??.a

G'Day,
I'm looking for help creating a mingw32 library from either the .lib or
.dll versions of the file. I tried running nm on the .dll file to create
a .def file in readiness for the dlltool command, but nm found no
symbols. OK thinks I, the file's been stripped. Then I see from this
mailing list that I can use the .lib file to create the .def file. I run
nm on that and get a list of functions, run that through grep to select
those starting '## T _', then strip off the '### T _' stuff. Then I run
the dlltool command (as described in ch4 of the cygwin help pages) on
the new .def file and the stripped .dll file. The gnu version of the
library is created and everything seems hunky-dory. But, several of the
functions I need have been missed.

One of the symbols found by nm, but excluded by the grep command looks
like this: 00000000 T ?CreateDevice@CFeelDevice@@SAPAV1

I need the c++ function CreateDevice::CFeelDevice. How do I tell dlltool
to grab the code for this function from the .dll file? I tried simply
including the above line minnus the '##T ?' part, but it didn't work.

Thanks,

Guy

gwallis@hms.uq.edu.au