Re: Mingw make compile giving errors...

Kevin Hill <kevin_hill@bigfoot.com> writes:
> People,
>
> Have installed b20.1, added gcc 2.95 and mingw extensions. Attempting to
> compile make 3.77 for mingw. Done the following:
>
> 1. export CFLAGS='-I/cygnus/cygwin-b20/mingw/include -mno-cygwin'
> 2. export LDFLAGS=-L/cygnus/cygwin-b20/mingw/lib
> 3. ./configure
> 4. make

Please read my -mno-cygwin howto:
  http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/
for the various pitfalls in using -mno-cygwin.

> Anyone got any idea what I have done wrong here? I thought I had
> followed all of Mumit's instructions on installing mingw.

The problem comes up quite often. Configure runs tests to see if
various includes/features exist. Even when using -mno-cygwin, you
still pick up Cygwin headers and features. The only solution that
really works all the time is to use -nostdinc and then specify all
the include directories manually.

I don't have time to go into the details, but this should give you
enough info to go forward. In the meantime, use my precompiled
binaries for make-3.77.

Regards,
Mumit