Using libcygwin.a for Visual C++ compiler

Hello,
I want to use Visual C++ 6.0 to compile one Unix application which was
successfully compiled by cygwin-b20. I wrapped the cygwin1.dll to the MS
import lib libcygwin.lib and transfered it to the linker together with
Msvcrt.lib. This made the compilation successful. However, when I debugged
the application until FOPEN, CYGWIN1.dll threw the execption and failed.
So, what 's wrong with it? Is it due to the incompatibility of the MS lib
and cygwin lib? How can I solve the problem?

I would appreciate any kind of advice.

Regards.