Re: PurifyNT 6.0.1 with complex Cygnus Cygwin build environment and NT Performance Registry data access

Craig Wyllie <craig@halcyon.ca> writes:

> We are currently using Cygnus' Gnupro Toolkit to build an NT port of a
> Sun Solaris application, which will access the NT performance registry.
>
> We are unable to complete Purification of the resultant executables,
> the purified application exits without any warning or error messages
> after an extended period at 100% cpu.

Since Rational claims that it only works with Visual C++ 5.0 and 6.0,
I'm not surprised that it doesn't work with Cygwin. Purify is a very
intrusive tool (OCI and all that), and needs quite a bit of knowledge
of runtime libs, and especially the memory manager used which for
Cygwin is dramatically different from MSVC's.

Perhaps speak with your customer rep at Rational?

Regards,
Mumit