Re: cygwin B20 installation

Hi,

By clicking on the "Cygwin B20" icon, you are really just running one
of the many unix-like utilities (albeit a very important one) that
comes with the Cygwin package.  The utility is "bash", a shell which
allows you to run commands interactively or via shell-scripts (much
more powerful than DOS batch files).

You don't have to use bash, the Cygwin utilities can be run from a
DOS box under Windows 9x/NT.

For more details, have a look at the FAQ
<http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/faq>.

Re the missing /tmp warning:
At the bash prompt, just enter the command
	mkdir /tmp
or from a DOS box
	mkdir C:\tmp

Tim