B20: 'find' modifies file access dates

Title: B20: 'find' modifies file access dates

Problem: 'find' changes the access dates of files it checks to the day of its execution. It should access only directories it traverses. This happens only with directories containing sub-directories. The files it touches are the first in disk order. The first file not touched always appears after a sub-directory entry.

Configuration: Beta 20 under Win98, FAT & FAT32 file systems, find version 4.1

Example: cd <some directory with sub-directories>; find; ls -luU

You will see that most of the files (first ones) have an access date of today.

This doesn't happen when I use Linux 'find' on the same file systems, so the problem probably isn't in 'find' itself; This also doesn't happen when I use Windows' 'Find Files' on the same file systems, so the problem probably isn't with the WIN32 API; So I guess the problem is with the cygwin DLL.

Please respond directly to me, since I'm not on this list (yet).

I'll appreciate any help.