Re: windres - file version info & icons- 20.1 win98

PositivePi@aol.com writes:
> Hi..
>
>   I cant seem to get windres to compile file version info resources
> correctly, or icons how i _think_ they are supposed to be compiled.  I'm
> using cygwin b20.1 as it came in full.exe.  I'm invoking windres with
> "windres -i llama.rc -o llama.res -O coff".  I'm compiling with "gcc
> -mwindows -mno-cygwin ...".  windres generates no errors when I try to
> compile them.  Other resources, such as dialogs, appear to work fine.
> 1)  When I try to compile in file version info, it "kind of" works.  A
> "Version" tab appears in the "File Properties" dialog.  However, all of the
> fields (File Version, Description, Copyright) are blank, and no items appear
> in the "Other version information" list box.  I tried using part of a .rc
> file distributed with the MS Platform SDK:
> 1 VERSIONINFO
> FILEVERSION     1,0,0,0

[...]

This is a known bug in the windres distributed with Cygwin b20.1. It's
been fixed for the next release. In the meantime, you can pick up a
pre-built copy for Cygwin b20.1 from the following site:

  ftp://ftp.xraylith.wisc.edu/pub/khan/gnu-win32/cygwin/misc/

Regards,
Mumit