Re: Newbie question about structures and further documentation

Posting sample code that you're having problems with would help.

However, I'm able to pass and return an entire structure on the
stack.

    /* st.c -- passing around structs.
     * to compile: gcc -o st st.c
     */

    #include <stdio.h>

    struct foo {
      int bar;
    };

    void by_value (struct foo f)
    {
      printf ("value of foo::bar: %i\n", f.bar);
    }

    void by_ptr (struct foo* pf)
    {
      printf ("value of foo::bar: %i\n", pf->bar );
    }

    struct foo ret_foo ()
    {
      struct foo f;