Re: many problems with rxvt

> > > BTW, rxvt runs without an X server. I think, this is because the
> > > Xlibraries are linked statically with the application.
> >
> > it is other way around.
>
> What exactly do you mean by "it is the other way around"?  I was under the
> impression that the porter of rxvt created a set of MOTIF emulation functions
> that were required by rxvt.

I agree with that. I mean, not staticaly linked X11 libraries.  He created specific set of MOTIF
emulations, that means he did not use MOTIF and X11 libraries for linking.  Linking against MOTIF or
X libraries will require an X server.  That is my understanding..

> > >Why cant all other
> > > X based utilities be made in a similar manner?
> > >

> > it is not possible.  to make an application runs without X is a major
> > chore and requires re-writing code from ground up.
> >

> Therefore, it isn't impossible.  It just requires some work.

Of course it is possible.  It will require rewriting sources for each application.