RE: bash sees all lines as 80 chars long

I don't think so.
I've tried both wrapping and scrolling, using:

    bash$ bind 'set horizontal-scroll-mode Off'
    bash$ bind 'set horizontal-scroll-mode On'

Regardless of which it does, it still does it at 80
chars until I execute the 'kill -WINCH $$'.

I think what's going on is 'stty' has seen the
resize operation, but bash's readline has not,
until the explicit SIGWINCH tells it to go
reexamine the window size.

----
    Wayne