This is the mail archive of the firstname.lastname@example.org
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Re: Re: Making DLL's.
- To: Paul Sokolovsky <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Re: Making DLL's.
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Gary V. Vaughan)
- Date: 23 Mar 1999 09:11:42 +0000
- Cc: email@example.com (Gary V. Vaughan), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- Delivered-To: mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-Reply-To: Paul Sokolovsky's message of "Mon, 22 Mar 1999 21:17:24 +0200"
- Mailing-List: contact email@example.com; run by ezmlm
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-Agent: Gnus/5.070079 (Pterodactyl Gnus v0.79) Emacs/20.3
Paul Sokolovsky <email@example.com> writes:
> Hello Gary,
> Gary V. Vaughan <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> GVV> Is there a better solution to this than trying to find out the complete
> GVV> list of libraries (and their types) against which each object will
> GVV> eventually be linked so that I can tag data exports correctly when the
> GVV> asm code is generated?
> To add more confusion (though maybe it not really matters in
> practise), dlls can't be mutually dependent (tested on win95)
Indeed. Dlls really are quite deficient by comparison with elf shared
libraries on unix (which is what I am trying to emulate -- more fool me!),
for example you cannot leave undefined symbols in a dll which will be
provided later when the library is linked, and you cannot override symbols
in a dll with symbols in the main source.
I am trying to ignore these problems for the moment until I can at least
make global data be well behaved.
___ _ ___ __ _
/ __|__ _ _ ___ _| | / / | / /_ _ _ _ __ _| |_ __ _ ___
| (_ / _` | '_|// / |/ /| |/ / _` | || / _` | ' \/ _` | _ \
\___\__,_|_|\_, /|___(_)___/\__,_|\_,_\__, |_||_\__,_|//_/
PGP Key from/___/ /___/
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com