This is the mail archive of the email@example.com
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Job Control in the Bourne Shell
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Job Control in the Bourne Shell
- From: "David's Lightspeed Email" <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 16:12:24 -0800
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: mailing list email@example.com
- Mailing-List: contact firstname.lastname@example.org; run by ezmlm
- Sender: email@example.com
March 14th, 1999
In response to my question yesterday about Job Control in the Bourne Shell,
I've since then learned that it is included as a standard part of the shell
in SVR4 versions and later.
Thanks everyone for your feedback on the KSH yesterday. I downloaded the
MKS version, and have been experimenting with it for the last day.
One thing to note, though, is that MKS includes the VI editor with their
package. Why doesn't Cygwin include some equivalent of this? For the life
of me, I hate VI and prefer Emacs. But it is sometimes nice to have it
around for quick editing on the fly. It also comes in handy for Command
Line editing too.
David L. Painter
ph: (559) 292-5366 * 3
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org