This is the mail archive of the email@example.com
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
Re: Good News; Questions about Korn Shell for Win32
- To: "Suhaib M. Siddiqi" <Ssiddiqi@InspirePharm.Com>, "cygwin" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Good News; Questions about Korn Shell for Win32
- From: "Valery Tulnikov" <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 23:27:11 +0300
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: mailing list email@example.com
- Mailing-List: contact firstname.lastname@example.org; run by ezmlm
- Organization: Demos-Internet
- References: <002701be6e54$1a460fe0$2d3b4ec6@hunda>
- Reply-To: "Valery Tulnikov" <email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
You're absolutely right. But I think the weakest side of all of those
projects is a much smaller support from free developers as a result of close
to public source policy.
With best regards,
----- Original Message -----
From: Suhaib M. Siddiqi <Ssiddiqi@InspirePharm.Com>
To: Valery Tulnikov <email@example.com>; Weiqi Gao <firstname.lastname@example.org>;
Sent: Sunday, March 14, 1999 10:51 PM
Subject: Re: Good News; Questions about Korn Shell for Win32
> >I remembered the old discussion in uwin list concerning MKS Toolkit.
> >Korn was skeptical on this implementation of ksh and MS decision to
> >it. He also informed that the only 'right' ksh implementation on Win32 is
> >included with UWIN package.
> But he also wrote in one of his message on U/WIN, Datafocus has been
> much longer then U/WIN therefore it could be more polished product
> to U/WIN. So, who has the right implementation or a better product
> more debatable.
> >With best regards,
> >Valery Tulnikov,
> >> Wasn't the MKS Toolkit licensed to Microsoft to be included in the next
> >> version of NT? I remember reading a press story about Mr. Korn showing
> >> up in one of the Microsoft demos, and challenged the compliance of that
> >> version of Korn shell, which the Microsoft manager vehemently denied
> >> until someone pointed out that he's being challenged by Mr. Korn
> >> himself.
> >> --
> >> Weiqi Gao
> >> email@example.com
> >> --
> >> Want to unsubscribe from this list?
> >> Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
> >Want to unsubscribe from this list?
> >Send a message to email@example.com
> Want to unsubscribe from this list?
> Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com