This is the mail archive of the firstname.lastname@example.org
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Re: Ksh gives error message, "This program cannot be run in MS-DOS mode"
- To: "David's Lightspeed Email" <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Ksh gives error message, "This program cannot be run in MS-DOS mode"
- From: Corinna Vinschen <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 00:56:20 +0100
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: mailing list email@example.com
- Mailing-List: contact firstname.lastname@example.org; run by ezmlm
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
David's Lightspeed Email wrote:
> Okay, downloaded program, unzipped it, read the readme and copied executable
> to bin directory.
> When I try to launch it, it complains that
> "This progam cannot be run in MS-DOS mode"
> I know that I've faced this same error with one of the other Cygnus Shells,
> but I don't recall how I fixed it.
> Thanks! I recall you helped me find the Tcsh too. I appreciate it.
> The Tcsh takes a terribly long time to start, however, and has caused
> my system to crash more than once. Does this happen to you?
> P.S. My Tcsh has an incredibly slow startup time. Has anyone else had
I don't have such problems. I sounds, as if your installation
of cygwin environment is not correct.
Your reported slow startup of tcsh is also a good hint for this.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com