This is the mail archive of the firstname.lastname@example.org
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Re: permission denied with 8mm tape drive
- To: Todd Stallings <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: permission denied with 8mm tape drive
- From: Corinna Vinschen <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 10:06:06 +0100
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: mailing list email@example.com
- Mailing-List: contact firstname.lastname@example.org; run by ezmlm
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Todd Stallings wrote:
> I installed cygwin (user.exe) this morning on NT 4.0 SP 4. I then installed your latest patch cv_cygwin1.dll.tar.gz. I'm now able to communicate with my tape drive (Exabyte 8700LT; 8mm); however I get the following error message:
> bash-2.02$ tar -tvf /dev/st0
> tar: Read error on /dev/st0: Permission denied
> tar: At beginning of tape, quitting now
> tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
first of all, please don't send html mail, but plain text mail. Not everyone has
a mail reader, which is able to read html mails. Moreover, it's superfluous for
I have thought about your problem and, sorry for this naive question, but did you
insert a tape in the drive, when you got this message??? Typically, you'll get this
message only in this case!
If I'm not right and it seems to be another problem, it would be fine, if you will
do the following in bash:
bash$ STRACE='0x50:0,xxx' tar -tvf /dev/st0
You'll get a file, named xxx (possibly big!). Gzip it and send it to me, then I'm
able, to take a closer look into the problem.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com