This is the mail archive of the email@example.com
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Re: Compiled executable differences between 9x and NT
- To: "Geoffrey Noer" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Mumit Khan" <email@example.com.EDU>, "Cygwin Mailing List" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Compiled executable differences between 9x and NT
- From: "Jonathan Pryor" <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 18:18:55 -0500
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: mailing list email@example.com
- Mailing-List: contact firstname.lastname@example.org; run by ezmlm
- Sender: email@example.com
A tarball of the source is available at:
Readme.txt (in the tarball) includes directions on
compiling the program, as well as descriptions of
the observed crash under 95.
>9x and NT have different sets of bugs and features. Cygwin
>checks which OS is running and uses this info to provide the
>a Unix layer that should make Cygwin applications run
>the same under either OS. (Of course while this is the
>goal, sometimes this doesn't quite happen).
Cygwin isn't there yet, but it's getting close. Thank you
for the effort.
>Ah, you're using mingw. So Cygwin is probably
>not relevant. Hmmm, well, I've noticed that Windows
>9x often is more sensitive to buggy exes. Perhaps
>you're running into a compiler issue?
Actually, I'm trying to use as many compilers as I can.
Thus, I'm compiling with cygwin, mingw32, and MSVC.
(I would also try DJGPP, but I had some configuration
issues I still need to deal with...)
As for compiler issues... I seem to have run into a fair
number of them trying to develop the program. I sent out
a prior message detailing 3 template-related bugs to the
cygwin list (as well as to egcs-bugs). I believe I've
worked around them, but it's possible I missed a few.
>Geoffrey Noer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com