This is the mail archive of the firstname.lastname@example.org
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Re: Does GPL apply without Cygwin stub? [long and off-topic] (was Re: [ANN] Cygwin DEV survey)
- To: "Chris Faylor" <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Does GPL apply without Cygwin stub? [long and off-topic] (was Re: [ANN] Cygwin DEV survey)
- From: "Suhaib M. Siddiqi" <Ssiddiqi@InspirePharm.Com>
- Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 21:18:05 -0500
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- Delivered-To: mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing-List: contact email@example.com; run by ezmlm
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
By the way, you typed email@example.com. I hit the reply button and it
>>If the program is not built using the cygwin stub, but /does/ link to the
>>DLL using the OS' dynamic linking facility, does it still have to be
>>distributed under the GPL?
>I am not an expert but I believe that if you avoid using libcygwin.a and
>(more importantly) crt0.o then you'd probably be safe.
The crt0.o and cygwin1.dll comes with another commercial compiler too.
I do not think the GPL is valid there, to get that you need to pay first???
>Want to unsubscribe from this list?
>Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com