This is the mail archive of the firstname.lastname@example.org
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Re: [ANN] Cygwin DEV survey
- To: Michael Hirmke <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [ANN] Cygwin DEV survey
- From: Stipe Tolj <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 00:41:11 +0100
- CC: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- Delivered-To: mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing-List: contact email@example.com; run by ezmlm
- Organization: Department of Economical Computer Science, University of Cologne, Germany
- References: <7COu0ETppfB@mike.franken.de>
- Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
Michael Hirmke wrote:
> Hi DJ,
> >> and all the other ports available at ftp.franken.de
> >Warning: I've not seen full sources on ftp.franken.de, which is a
> >violation of the GPL. You'll have to get the sources those packages
> Really? I thought, a pointer to the location of the sources would be
> sufficient!?! Besides that IMHO you have to provide the sources *on*
> *request*! For many of the packages there are in fact also source
> packages in the same directory - there are no sources on ftp.franken.de
> for packages, where the orginal source package has been used without
> modifications. In this case there is only a pointer to a location, where
> you can get the sources.
> If not, please tell me, what I have to do to fullfill the GPL! There was
> no intention to violate it.
As I mentioned in a previous mail. RedHat and SuSE don't provide ALL
sources for the pre-compiled binaries, so there is some kind of conflict
here towards GPL.
We would like to put a collection of software to a CD like RedHat and
SuSE do, if this is violating GPL, so why do they.
Stipe Tolj <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Cygwin Porting Project
Department of Economical Computer Science
University of Cologne, Germany
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com