Re: _ctype_

On Thu, 25 Feb 1999, Steve Biskis wrote:

> Yes, I had the same problem.  It has something to do with differences
> between the b20.1 December release and later snapshots.
>
> I was building the Jan-15 newlib/winsup snapshot and egcs-1.1.1 OK
> but then ran into undefined reference to _ctype blah blah when trying
> to compile my stuff with the resulting tools.

It typically implies that some source module is using ctype *without*
including <ctype.h>. If someone can mail me the name of che module where
the undefined reference is coming from, I can take a look. Until then,
I'll simply ignore these messages just like I ignore hundreds of other
incomplete "bug reports" ;-)

> I was also building the Dec Cygnus release and egcs-1.1.1 and then got
> undefined reference to __imp_ctype blah blah when building my stuff.

This could be due to an oldver version of newlib which didn't export the
ctype symbols.

This is the life with snapshots. These are distributed so folks like us
can report and possibly fix problems. However, if we can't fix it, we
also have to assume the responsibility of reporting these in a way that
helps the maintainers to track it down.

Regards,
Mumit