Re: cron 2.9.2

Hi Jens,

js@ddre.dk wrote:
> You should include the following in your documentation :
>
> Requirements:
>
> /etc/passwd
> /bin/sh

This is already mentioned in the man page `crontab.5'.

> An example passwd file would be appreciated

Call `mkpasswd' from cygwin distribution for getting a passwd file.

> and also an example crontab
> file, using a lot of NT specific syntax in the command field.

I don't know, what you mean with `NT specific syntax'. The syntax is
compatible to Vixie cron 3.0.1, which is part of Linux distributions.
In fact, two features are missing:
 - The support of setting environment variables in crontab file and
 - the support of the file `/etc/crontab'.
Both are planned for a future release.

> One bug allthough
>
>     crontab -l
>
> doesn't generate a proper (CRLF seperated) output.

I'm using standard output mode of stdout in this case. Don't know, why this
should happen, if you haven't set CYGWIN=...binmode...

> It would also be nice if the -u flag (user) is implemented for crontab.

This is part of a NT security problem. I can't explain it in detail now,
but I'm working on a solution already.

> Anayway, thanks for a very nice implementation, I have been looking for

Thank you!

Corinna